So I thought it would be interesting to share with you, my 5 favourite ways to relax and have some self-care time. In this day and age where everything is go go go and we are always busy doing something we forget to look after ourselves and give ourselves time to relax.
I try to do at least one of these things every week to make sure I am taking some time to relax and let myself unwind even if it is just one of the small things it means that I am taking some time to look after myself. Self-care is so much more important than some people think, especially for those who suffer from mental illness.
So here are my 5 favourite ways to relax;
- Facemasks – These are the best way to give yourself 15 minutes to just relax and chill out, while also giving yourself a lovely facial treatment. I have been trying a lot of face masks recently and I am really loving the sheet masks that have become a lot more popular recently. Another great thing about face masks is they can be bought when you’re on a budget because there are so many inexpensive ones out there that work amazingly.
- Read a book – Give yourself a few hours (before bed is the best) to unwind and immerse yourself in a good book, as well as being relaxing they can be great for taking your mind off of things. Reading is a great way to relax. I have a huge list of books that I want to read and when I do get a few hours before bed I will be going through the list and picking out which one I will be starting with. What is one book you’ve read and loved?
- Have a bath – this is my favourite way to relax in the winter especially if I have been out and about in the cold you know how it gets in Scotland haha. A nice warm bubble bath and a bath bomb and relax for an hour or so put on some music and just chill out. My favourite bath bombs are from bomb cosmetics or Lush, they have so many variants that you can try and find out which one is your favourite.
- Journal or Colour – I love journalling it is one of my favourite creative outlets, all you genuinely need is a notebook and a pen and a creative outlook and you can make something as pretty or as simple as you like while getting all the thoughts that are in your brain out on to a bit of paper.
- Go for a massage – This is my number one favourite way to relax, sadly I don’t have the funds to go for a massage every week but I have decided I will be trying to go at least once a month for a massage as it is the most relaxing thing I have ever experienced. My last massage was at La’romatherapy in 132 West Regent Street and I highly recommend going there if you are in the Glasgow area. I had the hot stone massage and oh my days it was amazing. Definitely, check out your local area and treat yourself to a massage.
Why don’t you take some time to relax today and look after yourself? I hope that this has given you some ideas on things you can do to relax and take some time for yourself. Have some self-care time. Let me know what your plans are to have some self-care time over the next week?